Thursday, February 16, 2012

Smelling Sweet



We were born with five senses. But I think the sense of smell is one of the least thought about. When something smells bad, it is one of the first things we notice. They say the nose always knows...and I believe it. I love to smell good, I love my house to smell good, I love food to smell good.

My favorite lotions and potions come from Victoria Secret. I have a drawer of Lovespell, Romantic Wishes and other yummy smelling creams from Victoria Secret. There is nothing like rubbing that on in the mornings and lifting my spirit just by the smell of my skin.



I love to walk into my home and have it smell good. I burn Scentsy's regularly. In the front of the house is often warm vanilla brown sugar or welcome home or a yummy melon smell. But in my bedroom is my favorite. It is a plug in that burns flirtatious. It is so delicious and keeps my room feeling romantic...for who, I don't know, but it still makes me feel good!



I also like to bake delicious desserts that make the house smell good. It can be apple pie, bread or cookies. The smell of something freshly baked makes a house feel extra homey.



At Christmas time, we were having our Relief Society progressive dinner. The dessert was to end at my home. At the entree,the power went out all over the city. It went out and it stayed out. We sisters were still having a good time and decided to venture over to the darkness of my house. A friend brought some hurricane lamps (something I realize I now need to invest in) and some other friends helped me light candles all around the house. I had so many different flavors of candles, but since I don't burn them anymore because the Scentsy are safer, I had a full box of them. I joked that the house would smell like a fruit salad by the time the scents all began to mingle together.



I must say, it was a beautiful night, stories being read and music being shared by candlelight. When the power did come back on, I think we were all a little disappointed because it took some of the ambiance away. In the end, the house smelled scrumptious and the company was delicious. I was so grateful we didn't end our night early because of a little power outage!

I also love the smell of fresh flowers. I try to plant good smelling flowers by the front door so as I come and go I can get a waft of something beautiful. I also like to plant flowers that are mainly used for cutting...that way I can bring the beautiful smells of nature inside the house.



So whatever your day holds, take time to stop and smell the roses, or the Scentsy, or the pie, or the Lovespell. It will awaken your soul.

0 comments: