Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting My Zzzzzzzs



Here is the thing about sleep, I don't need much. Six hours is adequate, more is nice but not necessary. I usually fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow. I don't lay there thinking about things. I do not wake up once I go to sleep. That is just how my body operates. I, 98 percent of the time, wake up before my 6:45 am alarm goes off. My body is on a pretty consistent cycle. If I find myself waking up too early for more than a couple of weeks, I will take that little blue pill, you know, the Excederin PM. But that happens rarely.



I love my sleep, I love my mattress that makes me feel I am sleeping on a cloud, and I love my two feather pillows that make for a good night's rest. I have to have blankets...even if it is 100 degrees...I like the weight they provide more than the warmth.



But here's the thing: Depending on my relationship in life - either going to bed is the best part of the day or waking up is the best part of the day.

If I don't have a "partner in crime" I look forward to going to sleep because the days are like walking through mud. There is no best friend to share the load with, holidays are fifty percent of the time spent alone, there is no one to serve or vacation with. Being alone takes so much joy out of my life. If I do have someone to share my life with, I can't wait to get up because I feel like I am walking on clouds. It is nice to say "Good Morning" to someone, to make and eat breakfast together,to get those unexpected phone calls during the day just to see how I am doing. The little things are what count and what I miss the most.

I love this quote:



I hope to get back there some day.

0 comments: