Sunday, February 12, 2012

Divinity Puff



I have my favorite kind of candy...it comes from See's Candy stores. It is divinity puff. Whenever I am near a store, I stop in for my free sample, and a couple of divinity puffs. It is made with whipped egg whites, vanilla cream, English walnuts, and shredded coconut. I love it!



See's Candy began in 1921 in Los Angeles. I feel like I have stepped back in time whenever I enter their cute little shop. The black and white checkered floor and the ladies in their little black and white dresses add to the ambience. It is a treat, if even for just a few short moments.



My mother gave me a beautiful birthday present one year. It was an ivory box with a crystal knob on top. I loved it...but I loved just as much what was inside of it. It was filled with Divinity Puff. I am ashamed, yet delighted, to say I finished the candy in a matter of a few short days.



Since I have been single, my sister Ginger has filled my Christmas stocking each Christmas. She always includes Divinity Puff.



We all need to have some things we love, some small and simple things that bring us joy. For me, that is one small piece of candy, or a dozen of them. I love divinity puff.

1 comments:

Lori said...

Did you "have" to go buy one just so you would have a picture for your blog? :0)