Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let There Be Light !



I love light. I am sure I have Seasonal Affective Disorder because each winter in Sandy I would get a little sad. The inversions, the gloomy weather, the day getting dark at 5:00 pm all added to my lack of luster. There are so many things that give light to the world, and happiness to my life.

I love the sunshine. Moving to Southern Utah has been good for me for this reason. It is February and I am wondering when winter is going to come...but then I remember, there really isn't a winter in Southern Utah. The warmth of the sun, the brightness of the day, all make me happy.



I love the stars. I remember one particular Girl's Camp just a few short years ago when I was standing literally in the middle of nowhere...I looked up and not only did I see so many stars, but I saw the milky way. It took my breath away. I am humbled by the night sky with all its twinkly lights.



I love fireworks. The sounds that alert me that a burst of color is going to fill the sky. I watch them in awe as they explode here, there and everywhere. Single or in the form of a finale, they mean summer to me.



I love fireflies. Growing up in Texas, I would take a jar out and catch them. They would light up the jar for several minutes before I released them back into the air and would find more to catch. While attending the Nauvoo Temple Open House, we stayed in a bed and breakfast in Nauvoo. It was charming and quaint, and it had fireflies! I was so excited to relive my childhood through those tiny lightening bugs and share my memories with my children.



As I mentioned in an earlier post, I also love Christmas lights. Whether they are adorning houses, trees, or the Disneyland Electrical Parade, they bring me so much joy.



With the flick of a light switch the room can be brighter, with the rising of the sun a world can be illuminated, with the light in my eyes I can thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderful gift of light.

0 comments: