Saturday, February 18, 2012

Count My Many Blessings Name Them Five By Five!



I didn't know when I woke up this morning that this day would go down in history as one of my best days ever!

For one thing, I stayed in bed working. I am so blessed to be able to work from home. Most of my work is on the computer so I logged in via my laptop and "went to work." My boss is very good to me. I have been with Georgia Carpet for 6 years now and I am very thankful for this job.



I also received my tax refund and was able to pay off all my debts (except my house). This made me feel so good.



When I got divorced, I lost my medical insurance. Thus, I haven't been to a dentist or a doctor in over 4 years. I found out I am now considered low income :) so I get my exam, cleaning and x-rays for $29.98 and I get my pap and mammogram for $20.00. Sounds great to me!



I had a ten page term paper I needed to complete and turn in by today. I received my grade back tonight...I got 100%. Go me!



Brooklyn's check engine light came on about three days ago. I took the truck to our local repair shop. When I took my car in a couple of weeks ago, they fixed the three things that were bugging me and didn't even charge me. So I was feeling they were an honest shop. Brooklyn's truck only needed $120.00 worth of repairs. Affordable...yes! Usually I don't get out of a repair shop for less than $500.00. Roadrunner, you got my business!



I had forgot to get the mail the last two days so I walked down to the mail box. Brandon had told me to be expecting my Valentine's Day gift from him, Amber and Brooklyn. I saw the envelope and opened it on the way back to the house. Out fell two Neil Diamond tickets. I couldn't believe it. I kept saying over and over again, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh"...I couldn't even stop myself from saying those words over and over again. I was so excited! It is for July 28 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. I have so much to look forward to!



Brooklyn is going to be participating in the Miss La Verkin pageant. Tonight we went to St. George to find her dress. She spent two hours trying on formals...sometimes the same one two or three times. In the end we bought the first dress she tried on. It is beautiful and perfect for her. For her talent she will be performing Katy Perry's "Firework" song in sign language, so we also found her outfit for that. It was a successful night. She will be spending the next 3 weeks practicing walking around the house in her high heels...you can do it baby girl! This is not quite the color of the dress but close...hers has a little more blue in it.



Even with all this good news, I have still not even said the best news of all. Brandon was accepted to the Police Academy. After 4 months of testing, he received the call today offering him the job. I am so proud of him.



It was a perfect day. One of my friends said, this is a time to count your blessing five by five. I feel so blessed and so happy. I don't remember what it feels like to live life on such a high. I am always waiting for the other "shoe to drop". I needed this reminder that I am still capable of feeling such bounteous happiness.

1 comments:

Lori said...

Celebrating with you! So happy for you!