Thursday, July 17, 2008

For my birthday...drum roll please!....

I don't know if many of you realize the person I was before my last crisis ( 4 years leading up to the divorce) compared to the person I am now. For those of you who didn't know me then (ie: Kriss) or those of you who have forgotten...I would like to remind you.


First off, I would never be caught dead...or alive...for that matter holding a snake. But I did hold this one. No that is not me, that is said friend asking me if I was too scared to hold the snake. After that I took it, even putting it close to my face to show I am a very brave chick these days. Don't ask me about the fox I saw right after that...you would have seen me hightailing it very quickly the other direction! This was at Victor's Pond by the way for anyone who wants to encounter wildlife up close and a little too personal.

Not much scares me anymore because I recognize I have control over very little in this world. Therefore, instead of living in fear, or worrying what "might" happen, I just live life. It is much easier that way I have found.

Saturday is my birthday. What I would really like to do is go for a motorcycle ride to celebrate this new year of being 43. No, I didn't say dirt bike ride for all you big boys in my neighborhood who love to roar your blue bikes up and down Forest Ridge Rd. So, if you have any ideas of how I can get my wish let me know. If I don't ride on Saturday, there is still 364 more days to work this one out.

Anyway, I just thought I would share my birthday wish with all of you...I wonder how I'd look in a leather vest...not!

6 comments:

Bailey said...

hahaha! sheri you totally crack me up :) but anywho i am very very proud of you for how brave you are good job holding the snake! :) but i am also very sorry that i wont be able to take you on a motorcycle haha as you know that as of recent i have decided i will never ride one... well not for a very very very long time haha ;) sorry haha but happy birthday! :) LOVE YOU!!! :)

Laura Stringham said...

You held a snake? What's next, a pet dog?

Kriss said...

You are one brave woman! Remind me to never go to Victor's Pond again!!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Happy, happy birthday, Sheri. I hope you celebrate it in some memorable way even if you can't find a motorcycle. I rode one once, but it was long before I entered my 40's. Lynda B.

Jana Sohm said...

Happy Birthday Sheri!!!! I love your attitude on life. You make me want to be better!! As for the snake thing though... no thanks!!! I am the one running the other direction. If I had a motorcycle, I would take you anywhere you want to go!! Have a fun day!! Love you lots!!

Nikkie said...

Happy Birthday!!!I thought of you the other day when I was driving behind a truck and 2 of his tool boxes fell off right in front of me and I had to run over them. Luckily it was the suburban and not the mini!