Friday, July 11, 2008

The Fingernails

Many of you know that people were continually asking me if my divorce was final- after 3 years who can blame them? I was tired of them asking so I made up a way that people would know just by looking at me. Before I was married I had "fake" nails for about four years and loved them. Becoming a stay at home mom was important to me so I decided that would be one of my small sacrifices to the family budget and I would not have my nails. Flash forward 18 years, I decided the day my divorce was final, I would have nails put on. This would accomplish two purposes: I could have what I have missed for the last 18 years and I could tell people, "When you see my nails on you will know I am divorced." So that is what I did. On June 23rd, the day of the divorce, I had nails put on.

I loved my nails. They are not as expensive here in Utah and I feel like a girly girl (which I need now that I am working in a man's world). Well, I went in today for my fill and the vietnemese lady asked me who had done my nails the last time. I pointed to the empty table where the girl had sat. All the sudden the air was filled with all this vietnemese language I did not understand. These crazy women were rushing over, pointing at my nails, yelling in their language (not really but it sounds like they are yelling even when they are talking). The girl then came in and they started yelling at her. This went on for awhile. I wished I had George's dad from Seinfield...remember when Elaine had him go in with her so he could translate since he had been in the war there. I thought this crazy scene was over when all the sudden my lady started laughing behind her mask. Next think I know they are all gathered around again laughing at my fingernails. Who the heck knows what they were saying...not me! The whole episode was ridiculous! Anyway, I had thought my nails looked good...go figure. And as for the lady who did them today...I already broke one...so is she the queen nail lady? Not!

And as an added note she did an upsell waxing my eyebrows and upper lip. Ouch...and with blonde hair who can tell? Not me!

4 comments:

Nikkie said...

So did you ever find out what the deal was with the nail ladies? I think you are SO brave to even venture out into the dating world-I don't know that I would have the courage to do it all again. Maybe it was fun back when I was young, but so was staying up until 2 am and eating cold pizza for breakfast!

Laura Stringham said...

I HATE it when they do that at the nail salon. I always feel like they are talking about me! I've only ever gone in for pedicures and I swear they are talking about my ugly feet.

Kriss said...

Sheri-
I have totally been blog stalking you. You are HILARIOUS! I love the Seinfeld reference, and the "NOT". It cracks me up. I'm totally adding you to my list because all of those stalkers out there need a good laugh! Hope that's okay!?

ginger said...

Did you really just blog that you had your upper lip waxed?! Nails, waxing, what's next...I can't wait to find out. When Sheri hits the dating scene, she ain't messin' around! ONE...HOTT...MAMA!!