Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Washington County Fair Duties

We were excited for the Washington County Fair.  With Brooklyn being Miss La Verkin, we knew there would be many responsibilites for her to fulfill.  The Royalty's first assignment was to check in the art for the Home Arts Display competition.  It was fun meeting people and seeing all the photos, sculptures, paintings, etc. that they had done.

There were forms to fill out, labels to be made, frames checked to make sure they were properly hangable, etc.  It was a long day, but very rewarding.

The next day the girls went to the same building, but this time they checked in quilts, canned/preserved fruits and vegetables, home items, etc.  There was a lot of down time at this assignment as they were still waiting for displays to be built. 

On Wednesday, the girls helped put ribbons on the fresh produce people had brought in for judging. 
The girls had Thursday off and were back on duty Friday.  This time they helped with the Baby judging contest.  How fun!

Unfortunately, they made me the "bouncer".  I was assigned to make sure only one adult came in with each baby.  It was amazing to see how many wanted to bring grandma's, siblings, etc. in to keep their baby smiling and happy.  I was not the favorite when I said, "Only one person per baby is allowed."  After two hours of doing that, I asked for a swap.  I was tired of being the mean one.  I was able to tally up the scores, and that was much better!

The Royalty did a great job helping set the fair up.  I never realized how much work went into the fair and it makes me appreciate it even more.

0 comments: