Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Kings

When I bought my house at 1243 E. Forest Ridge Road in Sandy, Utah in 1994, I believed that I would live there for the rest of my days.  It was a great home in a great neighborhood.  I had looked for six months for that house...and then I realized it wasn't the house I was looking for, but the people...the friends my children and I made while we lived there. 

With my divorce, it was evident I wouldn't be able to stay in that home.  My parents made a decision to buy my home and we would all live there together until the boys got on their missions.  My parents added 1400 square feet onto the already 3300 square foot home.  It was a big house!

When we all moved to Southern Utah, the market had crashed and my parents decided to rent out the house.  We were blessed when my friends and neighbors, the Kings, decided they wanted to be the renters.  I had taken care of their little girl Whitney when she was off-track from school and had taught her piano lessons in my home.  It only seemed natural that they live there. 

Thankfully for us, Marcie has a green thumb and a golden touch.  She has loved and cared for that house in a way I never could.  When I was there last, I had to take photos of the beautiful yard and gardens.  To me, it is heaven.  Having my dear, sweet friends living in my old house means I am able to go back there and visit whenever I feel the need.  Thank goodness, when I return now, I do not have the bad memories that occurred there, but only beautiful ones.  Thank you Bill and Marcie for giving me that gift.


0 comments: