Sunday, August 12, 2012

Elder Moore's La Verkin Homecoming

Back in July of 2010, we dropped Elder Moore off at the Missionary Training Center and kept driving to our new home in La Verkin. Because of this Justin had never been to this home or this ward.  He was the only missionary serving from my ward, and the Bishop and I thought it was important he do a homecoming talk here as well as in our old Sandy ward.  The Bishop hoped his talk would motivate other young men to serve a mission.  He did a great job and I enjoyed hearing firsthand his mission experiences and seeing how his love and dedication to the gospel had grown.

Some family members and friends came to the La Verkin homecoming. They came from Montana, Salt Lake, and Meadow, Utah and other distances.  Grandma hosted a wonderful Mexican party complete with taco salad and a pinata.  


Justin continues to have his fun personality!

It was a very good day and I am so happy to have my son home!





0 comments: