Sunday, August 5, 2012

Souveweirds...I mean Souvenirs!

We went back to the Farrs knowing Elder Moore would be unloading his suitcases with all he had brought back from Nicaragua.  He arrived in the dark barely able to see the Welcome Home decorations we had prepared.

He threw all his belongings down into the family room and then began the unloading.  He brought back none of his clothes except what he was wearing. 


And the reason for that was his shoes looked like this:

And his pants looked like this:


While unloading the souvenirs, I noticed some interesting things in there.  The tuxedo hat, the rainbow colored shirt, a lavender bowtie which I forgot to photograph.  And machetes...lots and lots of machetes.  They may have been useful in Nicaragua...but here, not so much Elder Moore.  I was excited he brought me back a nativity and a colorful handmade bag...both things I had asked him for!

By the time the night was over, this is what the people looked like and this is what the floor looked like:


It was almost two in the morning and Elder Moore still wasn't tired.  I didn't want to go to bed if he wasn't ready...but I was oh so tired.  Little did I know he would be up at 6:00 AM just like in the mission.  I can't attribute any of it to jet lag since Nicaragua was the same time zone as us...I guess it was just pure excitement with maybe a little fear mixed in!

0 comments: