Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Macbeth



Brooklyn just completed the Hurricane High School play "Macbeth". It was phenomenal. The practices were long (14 weeks) and grueling. Some nights she wasn't home until after 10 pm. She played 3 roles: a bright angel, a soldier and a servant. I was proud of her.



The first night of the play, I made the mistake of sitting on an aisle. These unitard covered demons continuously slithered up and down the aisles on their bellies moaning and groaning. They gave me the heebie-geebies! On closing night I made sure to sit in the center.



Way to go to the entire Macbeth team. You all did an incredible job.

During this very busy time, Brooklyn managed to keep a positive attitude, and somehow keep her grades up. One thing that suffered however, was her room. Brooklyn is a orderly girl. She keeps her room clean and makes her bed everyday. During Macbeth, the chores fell through the cracks. I didn't nag her because I knew she was exhausted and doing her best to keep up with school. I was hoping she wouldn't fall into bad habits. Thank goodness she didn't. This is what her room looks like today!



I love the pictures of her friends and family that cover the wall by her bed. Brooklyn is one of the most loyal people I know. If you made the wall, you got a forever friend in Brooklyn.

0 comments: