Sunday, December 11, 2011

HigHligHts oF tHe PaSt FeW wEEks



I love Halloween. This year I didn't dress up :( but my kids did. I have a scrapbook that has pictures of them each year in their costumes. I am glad they keep dressing up so I can keep adding to it!



For Thanksgiving, Brooklyn and I went to the Stewart's home. We were so blessed to have Brandon and Amber come to Meadow to join us. Ginger set a beautiful table with each individual place uniquely set. Brooklyn and Bailey made place cards for everyone and set them in a pine cone. The food was delicious. Thanks to Tyler and his dad, Vern for welcoming all of us into their family!



We really miss Justin and although we know he is serving the Lord, our thoughts are often of him. For Christmas he asked me to send him a pair of Nikes. Mailing to Nicaragua is expensive and often times packages don't ever make it. I did not want to risk sending him Nikes. One of his prior mission companions was finishing his mission and his mother asked me if there was anything I would like her to take to Elder Moore. She was happy to take him his shoes. I was so thankful to receive a picture of the two of them. Amy Brown blessed my life and his with her act of service.



Today is a beautiful day in La Verkin. The sky is blue and the sun is shining. It actually feels warm here in the middle of December. After church Brooklyn and I went over to Papa's grave and decorated it for Christmas. He was in the hospital last year at Christmas time and I suggested we hang a wreath or a stocking in his room. He defeated that idea fiercely...he didn't want any clutter around. He did let me hang Christmas cards on his t.v. armoire. Well, this year he couldn't tell me "No". So we bought a few Christmas decorations and enjoyed spending the time doing what he didn't care for :) Don't mean to be rebellious Dad, but we love you and have to find ways to show it since you aren't here with us anymore. I am thankful I live close to you and am able to do this for you and for all of our family who don't live close by. We love you daddy!

0 comments: