Monday, September 8, 2008

I Only Run If Someone Is Chasing Me!



Saturday was a really great day. It started out with traveling to Park City to see Brandon run his first marathon (who are these people that get a kick out of running 26 miles?). Brandon was a cross country runner in high school and lately has been running longer distances. I asked him the day before the race what was the longest distance he had run. He said he had run 19 miles then added "after 19 what is another 7." Whatever! Anyway, I arrived at the finish line about an hour before the runners would be coming into the gate. I saw them coming over the top of the mountain. The first thing I thought was, "If they are coming down the mountain then at some point they had to run up the mountain." The race went from Deer Valley to The Canyons Ski Resort. There were over 300 entrants and Brandon finished 24th overall and first in his age group with a time of 3 hours and 50 minutes. Go Brandon!!!! No running for me and Brooklyn though...we took the gondola up and enjoyed the view. And as far as Brandon's eyes being closed...I would be sleeping too - yes even standing up - if I had just run 26 miles!

5 comments:

Nikkie said...

That is so impressive! I'm with you on the running-why would I do it for pleasure?

Laura Stringham said...

Brandon is my hero. Although... he's obviously insane, so I might have to reconsider who I idolize :)

Jana Sohm said...

Oh my gosh!! 3 hrs 50 min? That is just nuts. I so wish I could run like him. He totally kicked my butt when we did the 5k a couple of years ago.
I just don't know how fun a marathon would be. I would much rather ride in the gondola w/ you!!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

HOLY COW!!! That's NUTS! What am I talking about? Running is so...mch fun! Heck, a 17 miler is that of pure JOY! What is the matter with people that say they enjoy running? GO BRANDON!! Good Job! How was the gondola ride sounds like my kind of traveling.

ginger said...

Brandon, you are my hero. It must be a sister thang but I only run when being chased too. The mentals of Sheri running as fast as she can while a little poodle of shitzu chase her is all I can picture right now. I'm still laughing. Anyway, back to Brandon...good job, you are awesome!!