Sunday, September 28, 2008

You Gotta Love Yard Sales!


Brooklyn and I love a good yard sale. My motto has always been, "One person's junk is another person's junk!" I can't get over all the unusual stuff you can find. While digging through a pile of clothes yesterday we found these cute shoes. Brooklyn has never had high heels so why not start off with the highest ones we could find. She decided to wear them to church today. While walking to the car Mike Stark yelled out how good the shoes looked. I replied that it is only a matter of time before she falls and breaks her ankle. Mike said, "Well at least she will look good doing it!" So off we went to church. Upon exiting our car to enter the church, Brooklyn stepped onto the curb and immediately fell down. She hadn't been in the shoes even 10 minutes! She jumped up saying, "I'm okay, I'm okay." We couldn't quit laughing because we know a girl with her first high heels is destined to face plant into the pavement sometime...but she did look good doing it! As I always tell her "It hurts to be beautiful."

7 comments:

Whitney said...

She should try the silletoes I just got!!! After time it's like you don't even realize you're a foot off the ground.

Whitney said...

that was meant to be stileto

Laura Stringham said...

Nice shoes! Jane has started with the heels early as to avoid those unfortunate incidents when she's actually old enough for them. She would LOVE Brooklyn's.

Jana Sohm said...

Brooklyn is too cute! She will look good wearing anything- even the pavement!

Kriss said...

I have never been to a yard sale, but I do believe high heels are the BEST! I'm also wondering if Mike has a secret shoe fetish, because I'm pretty sure he has commented on my shoes before. Hmmmm......makes ya wonder?

ginger said...

When did she grow up? I can just imagine how she was probably
"workin' it" right before she fell! Whatta Diva!

Dani said...

Man are your kids big now!!! CRAZY! Thanks for sharing with me too! This has been soo fun for me P.S. I love riding motorcycles too. There is just something about it huh!!