Thursday, August 28, 2008

I HOPE THEY CALL ME ON A MISSION....


Brandon has been singing that song since he was my very little boy...and now he is heading off for two years. It was exciting tonight as he opened his mission call and found out he would be serving in the Omaha, Nebraska Spanish speaking Mission. He leaves on December 3. There are two incredible things about this mission call. Two weeks before the call came Brandon had a dream that he would be serving in the Omaha, Nebraska mission. He may have been living close to the spirit to have that dream. I think for him it was a confirmation that he will be serving in the place the Lord wants him to serve. The other incredible thing is that Brandon's paternal grandfather and great-grandparents were born in Omaha. For 15 years I have been searching this family history line and have come to a dead end. This may someway, somehow open the door for this work to progress. I am proud of Brandon and am so excited for him to begin this new journey in his life. This was not only his dream...but his mom's dream as well! Congratulations Elder Moore!

8 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

Weird, I can't believe he's old enough to leave. Brandon will be awesome, we're so excited for him!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

Congratulations. What an amazing experience he has had already, knowing he has been called by the Lord. I can't believe he's actually old enough to go, but hooray for Elder Moore.

Bailey said...

sheri thats awesome!! i freaked when my mom told me when she was on the phone with you! haha that is sooo cool Brandon will be an amazing missionary, he is such a great people person and he will do great! because he is so in touch with the gospel that is a great mix! haha i am sooo happy for you guys! :)

Lynda/Mom said...

Congratulations, Brandon; and mom Sheri. Thanks for sharing on your blog. (Now you know I check out all Laura's links.)

Lloyd's Tribune said...

WOW! what an amazing story! U know we are heading back to CO very soon for about 6 months but there is small talk that we may end up in NE in April 2009.{ we'll definitely help take good care of your boy}

ginger said...

I can't believe we've talked about him going on a mission since he was born and now it's here already. I love Brandon and I know he will be a fantastic missionary. Felicidades mi sobrino!

Jana Sohm said...

We were so excited when he and Amber came over the other night to share the good news!! He is going to love speaking Spanish. I am so excited for him, and all the cool experiences that he is going to have. Way to go Mom!!

Lisa said...

Sheri,
This is Lisa (Beeson) Stephenson. I found your blog through Kelsi's today. Funny, we live in Omaha right now. My husband is in his third year of dental school out here. So congrats to your son. My blog is lisaandmatty.blogspot.com