Friday, September 12, 2008

Who likes previews?




I am not talking about movie previews. I am talking about a preview of Justin's new and improved hair! As kids get older you really do have to pick your battles. This was one battle I have been unwilling to fight. Justin loved his long hair saying it gave him confidence. I worried because many thought he was a "punk skater dude" or a "rebel". This was the general feeling many people expressed when they looked at him. Anyway, after not being able to see his eyes for months I finally cut him a deal. On Wednesday afternoon I said, "If you will get your hair cut I will give you $100 dollars." In his case money has always talked. He left right then for the barber shop. He of course pleaded with me to just let him shave his head, but I didn't want to go from one attention getter to another. I told him he had to have a "missionary haircut" to get the money. Well, it looks more like a military haircut, but I will take it. (As a side note: I would have spent much more than a hundred dollars if he would have been getting haircuts the last 18 months so it was really no loss to me...but a gain to everyone as we can now see his cute face)! Justin you can still be confident because you are a great kid - and good looking too!

3 comments:

ginger said...

HAHAHAHA I love Justin's "picture faces". I am a little jealous that I didn't get to cut of all that hair. Hey Justin, lookin' good....lookin' REAL good!!

Bailey said...

hahahahaha! looks good :) sheri you make me giggle :) but yeah justin faces do make it interesting, come to think of it i dont remember seeing a pic with justin where he is actually smiling... on purpose haha :) but the cut looks good :)haha no more punk justin? :)

Jana Sohm said...

Love the hair. Both the boys look like missionaries now!