Saturday, September 1, 2012

Peach Days Performance

Part of the Royalty responsibilities is to help emcee the talent that will be performing on the stages.  The girls were assigned to introduce the acts for four hours.  It seems like a long time, but they divided up the time slots and when it wasn't there turn, they went and enjoyed Peach Days.  I, on the other hand, stayed the whole time because I am the Princess' mother, ie: chaperone.

The girls were able to perform themselves before they began their emceeing.


Of course, as usual, they started off with the La Verkin City jingle.  It is a fun song and even has some rap in it.  It also introduces each of the girls.  It goes like this:

La Verkin, is my city, and I love it, yes I love it.
From every corner, to every block, yea...whether its rainy or stormy or downright stinkin hot, hot, hot.
Hello, I'm Brooklyn Moore and I'm the princess of the city, I'm Katie Hardy, first attendant
I'm Mandie Leavitt, second attendant, and I'm McKayla Thiriot, Miss Congeniality. 
Cuz La Verkin is my city, and I love it, yes I love it.
Now what if I told you that, La Verkin is the best, my city is cooler than the rest
My city is definitely the best...Royalty!

Then after that, a Katie performed on her fiddle and McKayla sang:

 Brooklyn performed to Katy Perry's "Firework", her signature song, but she also decided to try out a new song.  It was called "Put Your Hearts Up."  The idea was she would sing (sign) the first verse, her royalty would come onstage and sign the second verse with her, then on the third verse the royalty would go out into the audience and encourage everyone to stand and sign too.  The wonderful thing was, people were standing and signing before they even got to the third verse.  It was a lot of fun and very exciting!




After the performance the girl's settled in for their long afternoon of emceeing.  They were hungry so they each ran and got some yummy "fair" food.  Peach Cobbler is a favorite at Peach Days, but of course Brooklyn had to pick spaghetti and meatballs to eat with her white shrug.  She managed to keep it clean, she is a princess afterall ;)

 

The last act was emceed by Brooklyn.  It was this cute boy who sang amazingly well.  Someday I expect to see him on Broadway!






After our responsibilities were done, we wandered the fair booths.  We enjoyed spending time with Heather Layton, Brooklyn's Laurel advisor.  Heather was also Brooklyn's backstage mom at the pageant.  Brooklyn helped her decide on a crocheted teddy bear for her baby due in February.





Later that evening, Brooklyn was asked to come back and draw the winning ticket for a raffle being held.  When the time came for the drawing, people gathered around.  It was a fun thing for her to do.

We finished the evening with Brooklyn buying her first ever brick oven pizza and watching fireworks on the lawn.  The life of a princess is a busy life...and so is the life of the princess' mother!


0 comments: