Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Presidential Election



This was a hard year for me presidentially.  I have felt our nation has been going in the wrong direction for a long time and some of our basic freedoms are being threatened.  I have not felt we have a president who values the same things I value. 

Working at Howard and Nelda Whitehead's home has kept me politically informed.  Fox 13 news is continually on as well as Rush Limbaugh.  I feel as if this presidential election has been going on for a year!  The debates always left me with a pit in my stomach.  So much time accusing and defending and proving, and lying.  It was not pleasant but I felt I needed to listen to it, to be informed.



I do feel good about Mitt Romney.  Yes, he is a Mormon, a religion we both belong to.  But I also saw him come in and save our Salt Lake Olympics after a terrible scandal.  I know he recognizes how to be  financially responsible and I also believe him to be a leader. 



I felt the news was very biased against him.  I also believed there to be many fraudulent votes cast for the current president.  Some bragged that they had voted 16 times.  This all seems so unreal to me.

I watched on the day of voting as the race was so close...too close.  It was reported that in some counties not even one vote was cast for Mitt Romney.  How could that be?



As President Obama was once again pronounced the winner I felt sick to my stomach. Brooklyn tried to talk to me, but I could not speak.  I sat in shock.  I finally told her I was very upset...I could not believe what had just happened.   Another four years of this! Can't people see what is so obvious to me?  The only comfort I found was in knowing that God is in control.  I know that all is going according to His plan.  That is the only thing that brings me peace.


Mitt, my prayers are with you.  You fought a good fight...but good does not always triumph in this mortal world. 

0 comments: