Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Birthday



On July 19th, I turned 47 years old.  There are some numbers I like and some I don't.  Personally, I don't care for odd numbers...so saying I am 47 doesn't sound real pretty to me.  It has nothing to do with the age...but everything to do with the fact that 7 just isn't one of my favorite numbers - even when it is paired with 4 which is my favorite number.  Okay, rambling on like this about something so inconsequential makes me seem old and senile....so I will shut up!

The day wasn't planned to be too eventful.  Brandon was in Salt Lake, Justin still on his mission, and Brooklyn at EFY.  So I woke up, checked the many, many facebook birthday wishes (I love that!) and then headed out the door to work.  The 80 year old man I was working for sang me Happy Birthday - that was cute of him.  When I left there my mom and I went to a movie and then had an early dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  It was yummy.

After the movie I noticed I had several text messages and voicemails and I must say I enjoyed getting all of your birthday wishes.  Ginger and Bailey's birthday song medley was especially memorable...it went on and on and on.  I will be saving that one for years to come!

I headed home and was glad my friend Bonita came by for a visit and a little chat.  I love spending time with her so that was a treat.

Brandon promised he would  make me a Mexican dinner when I go to Salt Lake next...and I just happened to catch Brooklyn online checking her email around 11 pm...so I got to chat with her for a minute.

But the highlight of the day came from my boy who is thousands of miles away in Nicaragua.  Elder Moore really spoiled his mama on her birthday.  I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from him.  The bouquet consisted of red tulips and purple irises and was so vibrant and pretty.  He sent along a poem that truly made my day.  It went like this:

Ho ho hoem, imma write you a poem
Mommy I love you, Mommy I do
Shortly I will be with you.
You mean the world to me, I hope I am what you want me to be.
Thanks for raising me the way you did, even though I was a crazy little kid.
That's why you threw me in the gym, but now im found singing a hymn.
Be patient my mommy, I am almost there
I have much I want to share.
Love, Juice

I loved that poem!


 Then surprise, surprise when the next day I received a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from him.   With that gift came another card:

Thank you for everything.  I love you more than you ever know.
All the way to the farthest McDonalds and back.
Love, Your Studly Elder

I loved the box the berries came in as well.  It said some really funny things.

The "love you all the way to McDonalds" saying has been a part of our family for years.  When I was young my dad was a McDonald's manager.  When he would leave for work we would all say that to him.  It is a family tradition now.

The point is though, who needs a man when they have a son like that ;)  Flowers, chocolate and beautiful words.  Thanks Justin.

So all in all, I may have been alone in my home on my birthday, but I felt so much love.  All is well, all is well.

1 comments:

Katelin and Trace said...

man that boy. what a lucky mama you are! love you sheri!