Saturday, April 10, 2010

California Lovin'

February was great! I was able to take my two kiddos to California. We did a road trip and it was a blast. We stayed in an amazing resort in Carlsbad overlooking the ocean. We did all the typical things:


The Beach

I love the ocean. I love the sound, the smell, the feel. I love that it is so expansive and that you feel like you can see forever.



Disneyland

The kids and I did our volunteer time so we each got a credit for going to Disneyland. We volunteered for 2 hours each at the Living Planet Aquarium. Justin got in free and Brooklyn and I put our $72.00 towards an annual pass. The park was near empty and we did everything we wanted to do at Disneyland and California Adventure in 7 hours. It was great!



Knotts Berry Farm

Our friend Lupe took us to Knotts Berry Farm. This park was also near empty. It was so relaxing. The kids did some really scary rollercoasters. I did a couple of the not-so-scary ones. It was a great day topped off by dinner at TGIFs.














The San Diego Temple

Justin, Brooklyn and I went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. We started out by eating lunch in the cafeteria there. We then went to the baptistry and a member of the Temple Presidency came in and talked to us. We were the only ones here too. The kids then did the baptisms for their grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents. It was wonderful. This side of the family all came from Nebraska. I know because Brandon is serving his mission there, many doors were opened so that people I had been looking for the past 16 years were easily found. There was a wonderful feeling there and it was special for each of us to do these family names.




And a whole lot of relaxing.







California is our most favorite place to vacation. After the trip was over I asked the kids, "If you could change one thing, what would you do different?" They both said, "Nothing!" I felt the same way - it was perfect.

1 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

I love your post! What a fun vacation, and what an AWESOME mom you are!! You have great kids, and it made my heart melt to hear that they wouldn't change anything about your trip. How cool is that!! You guys are the best!