Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Crowning Achievement



Today is March 2 and marks a very important day to a mother. Nineteen years ago today I gave birth to Justin. There has been no greater blessing in my life than to be a mother. I love each of my children and celebrate their uniqueness from each other. They have such wonderful strengths and I love to watch as they develop and grow in their very individual ways. Justin has always had an enormous heart. He is tender, kind, and thoughtful. He is loyal to his friends. He interacts so wonderfully with children. He is respected by those he works for. He is creative, deep thinking, and actually gets this crazy world we live in. He is a blessing in my life.

It is funny how we never really forget the births of our children. They are traumatic, drawn out, and life changing. I was in labor with Justin for 30 hours. By the time he was born he looked like he had been "put through the wringer." He arrived very bloody and very bruised. I was so excited to finally have him to hold in my arms and to love forever.

So on this day, March 2, 2010, I say a big Thank You to Justin. You are an amazing son. I look forward to watching you continue throughout your life, learning and growing. You have so many opportunities ahead, and I know you will grab them and make the most of each moment. I love you baby boy!

Love, Your Mama

4 comments:

Katelin and Trace said...

I second that motion!! Justin has always been an incredible friend. :) I feel like he died a little bit when I make this comments... haha I'm glad he's alive. :) Not once has that boy been rude or disrespectful to me or any other girl. love you both!

ginger said...

Words can't express how amazing Justin is. The kids and I love him so much and we know he loves us too. He loves with his whole heart. He feels with his whole soul. He has been a huge blessing in our lives, I'm so grateful to be his Auntie! Happy Birthday J-Mo!

Tiffany said...

YOU ARE MOVING!!!! I can't believe it! What a fun adventure! Good Luck. You are amazing.

Jana Sohm said...

Who doesn't love Justin? He is one of our favorites!! Thanks Sheri for having such great kids that are good examples to us, and to our kids! Riley thinks Justin is the coolest! We are so excited for his mission. Has he turned his papers in yet?