Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hair We Go Again....



So, Justin's hair is always a problem! He hasn't had it cut for umpteen months and was looking so scraggly. He is such a cute boy, but you would never know it under all that hair. Being a single mom requires one to pick their battles very carefully. There is no father around to discuss things with, so I am left to my own most of the time. Enter Kirk Sutton! Yay! Some men in my neighborhood/ward step up to the plate in a big way to help me raise my children. I am so appreciative of them. Kirk Sutton has had a mustache for the last 25 years. Not even his wife Ranae has seen him without his mustache. In the past, he has been offered $250.00 to shave it off. He has never done it. Well, Justin and Kirk made a deal...Justin gets a haircut and Kirk shaves his mustache. I love heroes like Kirk Sutton! Now I can see my little boy's face. It was a party here with about 15 kids turning out to watch the event. Kudos to my sister Ginger, who cut his hair, and is the Aunt every mom needs for their son. She has a way of telling him like it is with a whole lot of love and humor. Thanks Kirk and Justin for your bravery at getting rid of some unnecessary hair (I still wish Justin's "Jedi strand/tail" was gone, but hey you can't have it all). You both look great!

4 comments:

Nikkie said...

One step closer for Justin and you weren't even the one who had to force the issue. Kirk is awesome!

Katelin and Trace said...

the rat tail remains? oh geez. haha! this is great news.

Jana Sohm said...

Thank goodness! Justin is SO much cuter w/ short hair. Aren't all boys? Kirk looks great too!

Dani said...

Ya know.... Scissors work very well in the dark while people sleep... If that rat tail were to be cut in the middle of the night...... Hmmmmm? :) I am just sayin'!!
GOOD JOB!!!