Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"It's Mine!"

Little kids will often say, "Mine!" when they want something that they think belongs to them.  Well, you could have been hearing me say that in the Home Depot store.  I had taken a decoration from my backporch to the store to match a paint color to it.  I found the perfect shade of green, ordered up seven gallons of paint, and left the store.  When I was outside putting the cans in my car, I accidentally left my decoration in the basket.  I did not realize this until I was heading home from my job in St. George.  I began to fluctuate in my mind if I should stop then and make sure I didn't have it or if I should just head home and worry about it later.  Thank goodness I stopped to check.  It was not in my car.

I went into Home Depot and checked with Customer Service.  They looked through their lost and found and said they did not have it.  I trotted down to the Commercial Register where I had checked out and asked the man who had helped me if he had seen my sign.  He got a sheepish grin on his face as he called his manager.  Sure enough, the manager had liked my sign so much that he had hung it up in his office.  He said he was sorry...not that he had taken it...but that I had come to get it.  He said he really like the message on the sign. 



Thank goodness I took to heart to "Relax and enjoy yourself" or I might have given that manager my two cents.  I wondered if I should have been upset or flattered...I haven't decided yet!

0 comments: