Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Kids from 2nd Ward



I love living in Southern Utah...but I also miss my friends from Sandy.  I had many "sisters" there and we helped to raise each other's children.  I also served many years in the Young Womens and those girls were like my daughters.  That is why I get so excited when these kids come to stay for a few days.  It helps that I live at Zion National Park's front door and that I am St. George's  neighbor !

Ian Lee, Adam Lee and Court McMullin came to stay this past week.  They were so nice and did some honey-do things for me.  I love having men around!  Big strong capable young men that just make me feel taken care of.  Thanks boys for helping  make my outside look better :)


Also, Thursday was Court's 24th birthday.  I went the day before to order him a birthday cake from the local grocery store.  I told the man taking my order,  "This is for a 24 year old guy, so I want it to be masculine.  No roses or flowers."  He asked me if balloons and streamers would be okay.  Of course!  Imagine my surprise when I arrived the next day to pick up the cake.  It was done in pastel pinks and blues.  The plastic balloons were baby colors as well.  Obviously the order-taker and the baker did not communicate.  So I left with a cake meant for a baby shower...not a grown man's birthday party!  I let Court know the baker must not have known whether he was Court or Courtney...and whether he was 1 or 25.  Court was a good sport about it and said, "I am a metrosexual baby."



On Friday night, I was excited to have Katelin and Cassidy Cook join the group. They were on their way to a family reunion in St. George.  We stayed up late catching up and remembering.  It was so fun!



Saturday morning came too quickly and after breakfast they were all off.  Thanks for coming and bringing a smile to my face.  You are all welcome anytime!

2 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

we're all lucky to have had you as our YW leader. we're all better because of it!

xoxox

Monica Cook said...

Sheri - I so wanted to come by and see you and your home, but time did not allow. Thank you for having the girls. They loved being there and it helped us out that night. There is a thank you coming your way:)