Friday, March 2, 2012

The Reality Is...



The reality is, sometimes we need to step away from the technology and pay attention to the people that are right next to us. I love facebook, texting, blogging, emailing. But sometimes the people that live in our home, or next door to us, or around the corner, don't get to share in the love and friendship that should be available to them, because we are so busy conversing with people hours or states or countries away.

A couple of weeks ago one of my friends experienced a terrible tragedy in her life. She said, "Come see me" and little did I know what those words entailed. After that I wanted to see her and help her and be with her every day. Although I had a goal to blog every day in February, reality took front and center.

I do see unity and love coming through technology. When my father died, messages from family and friends were very sustaining. My classmate from high school was diagnosed with stomach cancer and I saw our high school class come together in a beautiful way. While holding a benefit concert for him last week, he passed away. In the last days of his life, he was so grateful for the sweet messages and love he felt through social media. Technology is a great way to stay connected, especially if you aren't geographically close.

I am thankful I can be there on screen, but I am also grateful I can be there flesh, blood, and heart...and sometimes that is what is most needed.

This is her journey, but I want her to know...I am sending hugs and healing to your heart and to your feet ;) You are inspiring, you are beautiful and you are strong. I will continue to be there for you via cell phone and computer, but also in your face, pain in your side, til you get sick of me...and that is reality! I love you friend.

0 comments: