Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Got To Find Out Who I Am


There is a Michael McLean song that keeps going through my mind. It is the title of this blog post...I Got To Find Out Who I Am. I feel like with the dissolution of my marriage, and the separation of my family due to divorce, missions, moving and just plain children growing up...my past life is becoming obsolete. The words in one of the verses says this:

I got to find out who I am
Got to know and got to see what's making me me.
And when I do I know I'll be what I can
When I find out who I am.
I'll be all I can
When I find out who I am.

So for the month of February, I am going to write a little bit about myself each day. As I discover myself, I bet I will find I am not that much different, I am not invisible, I am still me.

3 comments:

ginger said...

I know who you are. The first thing that comes to my mind is the saying,"If only you could see yourself the way I do."

Until then, here is my two cents. You are my sister and best friend. Second mother to my kids. Amazing and supportive mother to your own kids. Reliable and caring to your employers....

I could keep going but if this is to be your quest, just know, you won't have to look too deep to see all the things I already know. Love you all the way to McDonalds.

Bonita said...

I hope you plan to update this after you have discovered who you are. :) This will be an amazing journey! Can't wait to hear about it!

Lori said...

I know who you are too. You are a wonderful sister, mother, and friend. You are the person I've looked up to since I was born. You are the person I like to talk serious with and the person I like to laugh with. You are the kind of person that keeps doing what needs to be done even when it's hard. You are an example to me. You are the person who knows how to create a home that would make anyone feel comfortable and also like they are something special. You are beautiful and I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!